Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

IGNITE THE CHANGE


This blog came to life out of insomnia, but the title of it came out of pure coincidence. I am a person who really likes coincidences and celebrates them. I don't think that anything is truly what society coins a "coincidence", but rather you being on track with your desire and wants with the universe.

 
I was at my friend Jannels house, who I nick name Juliet because of her wide range of vocabulary that seems as though its from ages ago. She calls me her kindred soul. Thanks Jannel.

 
I was staring at her fridge, as I do quite often; a growling appetite that stays with me throughout the course of my day. Before I opened the fridge a variety of magnetic words were staring at me. They wanted me to play. And play, I did.


I constructed a sentence quickly and without hesitation. That sentence was:


Live today with love. Ignite the change.
It stared at me, and I stared back.


"I love this." I said to Jannel.
"Me too. Its awesome."

She took a picture, but was hesitant on what color to edit it with. She finally decided on the color purple: the color of passion. It was fitting. My words were now an art piece. We smiled.




And that was how this blog was born.


But what does ignite the change mean?
Everybody talks about change. Its cliche. Its only cliche becase everybody talks about it, but few do something about it. You have to ignite it, which by definition means: to light the fire. Light the fire on the things you want to change. I will save you a lot of time and trouble by telling you right now that you can't change a person. (And thats okay).
But the most powerful thing you can do is to change yourself. Change has a negative conotation. We are afaid of change; its different, its out of our comfort zone. Change is a new place, a new relationship, a new scene.

I am here to tell you that change is a beautiful thing. Do not fear it. Take it in. Keep the great things about you, the things that make you who you are. Change what you can do without; the things that may drag you down and prevent you from becoming your full potential. The great thing about it is that its not hard to do without the negative things in your life. Yes, I said it: its not hard.

Happiness is a decision.

Once you make the decision in your mind and you are clear and devoted to this decision, you can begin the change. You then give your heart and soul into all the good there is in you, and you will watch the good expand, as the negative quickly slip away.

When you change that, you change yourself.
And by changing and becoming a better version of you,
you change the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment