Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Free

We take for granted how free we are. We can do anything we want. Anything! People limit theirselves and limit their spirit, therefore limiting their happiness.


My friend Denise said to me today, "You know, sometimes I have random urges. Like...I'll look at someone, and I'll just want to poke them, and then run away laughing." I laughed when I heard it, and then I put some thought into it. And my answer is this: If you feel like doing that, then do it! We hold back so much of what we want to say or do; whether its something major and life altering, or whether its something as silly as poking somebody and laughing. And we shouldn't. We are FREE.

The day went on but this thought stayed with me, and carried with me to my night as I put it into action. I went to go get yogurt with my friend Kayla. I put my car and park as a great song came on. We started dancing in our seats. I was enjoying the song so much and laughing and having so much fun, that I took my energy to the street. And it was there that I danced with my friend. Cars drove by us, people walked by, the lights changed from green to red and back again. But I was completley immersed in the present moment. I was feeling great, and so free.

Moral of the story is...don't hold back.
Do the craziest thing, the silliest thing, do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment